Does Repeat Signage support Windows 10?
Yes. See Windows 10 and Repeat Signage for current information.
I have Repeat Signage 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 or 2010 - Is there an upgrade version to V4?
There is a paid upgrade from previous version of Repeat Signage on our buy page.
We are in the US. Why would we buy from a UK company?
We give a high quality free support service. Support is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 10pm GMT. This means that we can effectively support US and international customers from the UK. Support is also available over weekends. One company in the US recently commented:
"Thanks for all the work. Not very often do I come across a company that would be willing to spend the time on a potential customer like you have. I must admit that at first I was having second thoughts about going with a company that is in the UK, but you have definitely addressed that concern."
"Support has been excellent and I have never been disappointed. Quick response times along with personal service, rates this company very high in my personal satisfaction. I have and will continue to recommend this company to others." - Information Technology Specialist at Harrisburg International Airport, United States.
How do I set up my computer to use the multi-screen Media Wall edition?
What is the difference between the trial and full versions of Repeat Signage?
A ghosted 'Trial version' image when playing presentations. This appears after 10 minutes. If you decide to buy Repeat Signage, then you will be issued a serial number that you can use to activate the software. The 'Trial version' image is then disabled.
The trial version never expires and can be used to design presentations free of charge. You only need licences for player computers. Some schools use our trial version for teaching the basic concepts of digital signage software.
Can I update Repeat Signage players from a central point?
The following diagram shows how you can remotely update Repeat Signage presentations over the Internet using RepeatServer.com using either the Standard edition or above editions of Repeat Signage:
Take a look at the following PDF diagram to see how to use the Repeat Signage Standard, or above editions, over a network: RepeatSignageNetworkExample.pdf (231Kb)
You can use the Standard edition (or above) to update players via the Internet anywhere in the world using your own website and FTP:
In the Repeat Signage system settings, you can choose to monitor playing presentations. Playing a presentation from a network drive allows other network users (with permission) to update it and then the player automatically reloads and plays the new version.
The Standard and above editions also allows the use of play lists for presentations so that you can point players at playlists on Internet websites and they are automatically downloaded and played when changed.
How do I connect the PC or notebook to a screen in a window away from where the PC is?
Computer monitors (LCD monitors, LED monitors or projectors) usually have a monitor cable around 1.5m in length. You can purchase monitor cables that allow you to put the computer up to 10m away from the screen. If the screen will be over 10m from the computer, some sort of booster will be required.
The other option is to look at mini-PC's that sit on the back of screens (LCD or LED). You could then install Repeat Signage on the mini-PC. You connect this mini-PC to your computer network (assuming you have one) and update the presentation or presentation content from network drives. Some large screen LCD monitors are available with built-in PC's or have them as an option.
Why should I use Repeat Signage instead of PowerPoint?
Microsoft PowerPoint does an excellent job of allowing you to design and display presentations on screen. It is presentation software and it is one of the best presentation graphics packages available. With Repeat Signage V4, you can also display PowerPoint ppt and pptx files.
Repeat Signage is digital signage software which allows the creation of digital posters. The main advantages are:
- Scheduling within presentations on an hourly, daily or weekly basis what is being displayed on screen. Each picture/video/PDF/text control can be scheduled independently.
- Scheduling of presentations on a continuous, hourly, daily, weekly or specific dates basis.
- Insertion of PDF, spreadsheets, Word documents, PowerPoint files, Flash clocks, Flash banners, website browsers, animated gifs, webcams and RSS feeds, as well as pictures and video.
- Allows any application to 'print' to a playing presentation by exporting/printing as either a picture or PDF file.
- The Media Wall edition has 4 monitor support for displaying different presentations on different screens or displaying a single presentation that spans multiple screens.
- Dynamically update text, pictures, etc, instead of having to shut down PowerPoint, edit it and then play it again. For example, text displayed by a running presentation can be in stored text/RTF file on a computer network drive. When the text is changed by another computer on the network, the presentation automatically displays the new text immediately. This can be done with spreadsheets and Word documents as well.
- The Standard edition and above allow the remote updating of presentations and play lists (schedules) over the Internet.
- Pixel-by-pixel control of monitors (a presentation is designed with the same number of pixels as your target monitor) which allows exact control of every pixel on screen so that extremely high quality graphics can be displayed.
You can use existing PowerPoint presentations within Repeat Signage. See Using Microsoft PowerPoint presentations in Repeat Signage for more information.
You can schedule the playing of PowerPoint presentations from within your presentations and instructions are also give for PowerPoint 2010 users so that they can convert their presentations to videos to play within Repeat Signage. See our PowerPoint scheduler control help page for more information.
Do I have to pay annually for this software or a one off price?
The price is a one off payment for the software to be used on 1 Windows computer. There is no annual fee. Updates are free-of-charge for your version of the software. For example, if you purchase Repeat Signage V4 Standard Edition, then any updates to Repeat Signage V4 Standard Edition are free of charge. If we later bring out a Repeat Signage V5, then you could optionally upgrade if you wanted any new functionality added to later versions. Technical Support is completely free of charge.
Why can't I see the Windows Start bar when designing presentations?
The designer screen is full screen so that you have absolute control over every pixel on a display monitor. This hides the Windows start bar. If you need to use another program, then either use the Alt+Tab keyboard combination, or press the Windows key (the flag key) on your keyboard to bring up the menu.
What sort of video, audio and picture files are supported?
See Repeat Signage features for a list of controls and the files they support.
Do you have a newsletter?
If you would like us to email when new versions are available, then please subscribe to our updates newsletter. We respect your privacy.